Grace and Holy Trinity Cathedral’s Mission
Our primary mission as the Episcopal Cathedral Church in the heart of the City is to be a servant church. We seek and serve Christ in all people, loving our neighbors as ourselves, and working for justice, peace and respect for every human being.
We live out our baptismal covenant:
• We worship God with our hearts, minds and souls.
• We celebrate Holy Communion regularly; and all God’s people are welcome.
• We make a joyful noise through our music.
• We serve one another through prayer and pastoral care.
• We learn about God through our children’s and adult education programs and small groups.
• We enjoy fellowship with each other and welcome all to a community of friendship.
• We care for and love God’s children through active youth and children’s ministries.
• We serve our brothers and sisters in our social outreach ministries.
• We feed God’s sheep through the Kansas City Community Kitchen, Culinary Cornerstones and other anti-hunger ministries.
• We are faithful stewards of our environment, the world God has given us to care for.
• We support God’s Church and people around the world through the global ministries of our diocese and the national Episcopal Church.
• We practice hospitality as a meeting place and resource to the greater Kansas City community.
• We are an inclusive community and honor diversity in our staff, our worship, and our outreach ministries.
• We live out our faith by proclaiming in word and example the Good News of Jesus Christ.
We thank God for our gifts of time, talent, and money and pledge these resources to this mission and God’s greater glory!
Adopted by the Vestry, November 29, 2007