Safeguarding God’s Children training
As a community of faith, we are committed to keeping your child safe. Safeguarding God’s Children is a workshop for the prevention of sexual abuse of children and youth. This three-hour training session informs participants:
- of the ways predators gain access to children;
- how to recognize signs that a child may have been abused;
- What to do if you have concerns about a person’s behavior toward a child or youth;
- the safeguards the Church has put in place to protect children and youth in our churches, schools, and diocesan institutions.
The Diocese of West Missouri requires this training for all employees (full or part time) of churches, schools and diocesan institutions and for all volunteers who work with children and youth in any ministry setting.
If you volunteer with children or youth, you are required to take this training every three years. Parents and ministry leaders are also encouraged to participate.
To register, please call or email Rev. Christy Dorn at 816-474-8260 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is required to attend Safeguarding God’s Children training?
- All volunteers who have direct contact with our children or youth
- Eucharistic visitors
- Persons with keys and access to Cathedral buildings
- Cathedral clergy and staff
- Others who are leaders in our ministries
- Anyone who wishes to learn more about how their parish can protect children and youth